History of the house

Idili Traditional Guest House is a historical building of the 19th century. It was built at the time Panormos gained special development thanks to its harbor. It was the export center of agricultural products in the region, in the ports of the Mediterranean Sea.

The architectural elements of the hostel reveal the distinctive character and functionality that it had in the different time periods.

Country Court ,in the first 10 years.Panormo was then the seat of the Municipality.

Inn, during the period 1904-1912, during the period of great prosperity of Panormos, which still retained the name Kastelli.

Carpentry in the post-war period with the concentration of the first professionals in the settlement.

A home of the most modern, many of whom preferred to move from the mainland of the province to the coastal settlement that retained the glory of the past.

In the last 10 years of the 20th century, it was the home of the family of the current owner.

It was declared to be preserved by the Ministry for the Environment, Physical Planning and Public Works (FEK 129D / 10-3-2000) and the building was characterized as a "typical folk house" in the traditional nucleus of the Panormos settlement of the Municipality of Mylopotamos.

It was renovated in 2004 and commenced its operation in April 2005 under the name of the traditional guest house IDILI.

It was divided into three villas, keeping intact the architectural features of the building and its influences from the Venetian-Cretan architecture (arches, sanctuaries, wooden ceilings, fireplaces, wine presses, beads).